Powerful product data, compelling insights. Launching April 2020.
A PLATFORM FOR SPECIFIERS AND MANUFACTURERS
Hundreds of thousands of products already get specified through NBS every year. NBS Source, launching in April 2020, provides the ultimate digital platform of construction product information, trusted by specifiers for their projects and backed by the RIBA.
RIBA Product Selector, NBS BIM Library and NBS Plus will become part of NBS Source and with it offer specifiers one digital platform for product selection - with new, enhanced data that specifiers are looking for.
For manufacturers, NBS Source is a unified digital platform that exposes your products to specifiers with exactly the right information, at all stages of the project timeline.
Unlike any other product platform, your product data in NBS Source is integrated directly into the NBS Chorus specification tool, and into design tools including Autodesk Revit, and Graphisoft Archicad. This means your products can be found by specifiers as they are working on their projects, rather than through trawling the web or print catalogues.
UNIFIED PRODUCT DATA, IN ONE PLACE
Currently about £60bn of construction projects are specified annually in the UK*, but the industry has a big problem with manufacturers' product information. Architects, engineers, and specifiers need to select products to be used on their projects and over half of them say it is much harder than it should be.
For Manufacturers, the aim is to get their products specified by architects but routes to market and establishing relationships with key influencers are confused, meaning large amounts of money is wasted on untargeted marketing activity.
NBS has developed NBS Source as a solution to both these problems. The platform is a single digital source of construction product information from thousands of manufacturers, in a standardised format.
The tool allows specifiers to FIND and browse products and manufacturers using intuitive search, SELECT and compare products using structured properties, values and technical information, and SPECIFY products right into their project specification, 3D model or both via full integration with NBS Chorus and Autodesk Revit.
WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- Meet the industry drive for high quality product data.
- Grow your business and win more orders through increased exposure - 4,000 companies and 300,000 users write their specifications with NBS, from global giants to small firms.
- Work directly with the specifier – through NBS Source, manufacturers can be invited by specifiers into the NBS Chorus environment to collaborate directly on a specification. Make sure your products are specified correctly, and get full visibility of the spec.
- List your products in NBS Source and you’ll become an NBS manufacturer partner. This gives you the endorsement of a trusted industry name and exclusive access to NBS expertise.
- Market your products more effectively, more digitally, more accurately.
NBS is backed by the RIBA, a brand which is deeply embedded in industry and carries a huge amount of credibility. NBS Source incorporates all the quality and legacy of RIBA Product Selector, is also fully linked to the RIBA CPD Providers Network.
Plan your operations better through unique insights - through NBS Source you will access unique information about your product trends, industries and practices, which helps you to make better decisions about your products. NBS will also help support your product launches and increase exposure through our sponsorship options which give you additional exposure on key pages.
BOOK A DEMO OF NBS SOURCE
- Dame Judith Hackitt -